Every time I feel like I’m stagnating in my life, I have to remember that this year has been absolutely fabulous – trying as all hell, but fabulous nonetheless. For those of you who have been on the crazy train with us during this past year I would like to give you a wholehearted THANK YOU for not only supporting us through comments and cheers but for helping us achieve our dreams through visiting the blog, buying things at our new store, and well – just being freaking awesome.
So as this year is coming to a close, I thought I would give a little bit of perspective on went on these past 12 months with some of the major highlights during our 2013 wrap up.
- We brought in the New Year in Cedar Key, Florida with friends and got to experience HASHING.
- We raised $125 for the Cupid Undie Run and ran in our underwear while it was raining in February.
- Shaun got to head out to Snowcial at Tahoe to get some snowboarding in at an awesome tech conference.
- After heading to Guatemala (for the third time) we got to experience a really rad boat-sitting gig in Rio Dulce.
- And even though we zipped through Belize (for our second time!), we got to experience much needed luxury during our trip at Chaa Creek in San Ignacio.
- After eating tacos al pastor for 2 weeks straight, we fell in love with Playa del Carmen – which had treated us pretty badly the last time we had come through.
- I got to have a girlie weekend in Plano, Texas. Champagne, The Drybar, and shopping!
- We fell head over heels with Regional Burns (Burning Man in smaller communities around the world). While I hope to go back to the playa one day, the playa near home has been so good to us.
- We tried our best at Aerial Silks. I suck – but it was a good attempt.
- We started FOOD TRUCK FRIDAY.
- I got to head out and experience the rad side of Silicon Valley.
- Which was followed up by an incredibly awesome trip to Portland. I finally got to see my favorite tree at the Portland Japanese Garden.
- Shaun raised $510 for Movember in honor of his dad.
- A much needed vacation was taken in Costa Rica via #GiftOfHappiness and I fell in love with the ocean all over again.
- We planned and constructed a 9 foot electric jellyfish made of fiber optics. Why? Because we can.
- We are working our asses off and have made a HUGE dent in our credit cards! As soon as they are paid off we can head out into the wild blue yonder again.
A few things you guys missed that I didn’t cover in the posts over the past year is how incredibly devastating and difficult it is to reintegrate after traveling for a couple of years. When the time comes that I can process what has been happening to me, I’ll make sure to talk about it. I don’t think I’m ready yet.
But when you reach rock bottom, there is only one way up, right? We’re currently getting the hang of the work/travel schedule that we want to have in our lives right now. So here are some of our prospective plans for 2014.
- Participate in more Regional Burns (big surprise).
- Go to Mexico (again).
- It is Shaun’s turn to pick our next big trip and he has chosen… SEOUL, KOREA (yes, to feed his insane appetite for all things Starcraft but I think it will still be AMAZEBALLS!)
- At some point make it out to Big Bend National Park and Terlingua, Texas.
- I’m cooking up something awesome that I can’t yet talk about but will make a big announcement about it as soon as plans are solidified!
- The rest of the year is left to life delegating where we should be. Hell, half of these plans can probably change.
- Also, we are turning FOUR YEARS OLD in March. Yay us!
And a couple of random goodies:
- Our Most Popular Post: Teufelsberg: A Graffiti Paradise at an Abandoned Spy Station.
- Runners up: A Slice of Heaven at Chaa Creek, Belize and Drifting Away in Cozumel.
- This past year we had a quarter of a million unique visitors on our blog! HOWDY Y’ALL!
- Most popular Instagram Post:
- Most popular video from 2013:
- Most popular picture from 2013 on flickr – Burning Flipside:
And just for you guys being so supportive and amazing, we have a little something for YOU! As a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Festivus for the Rest of Us, I made some wallpapers just for you.
WALL PAPERS OF AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!
Again, thank you for an outstanding year and we hope to see you tag along into 2014!