I blinked incredulously as I realized the upcoming date…
“Holy crap. We’re turning three!”
Somehow my blog had made it through the terrible twos and miraculously made it into our third year. I couldn’t help but smile.
I bet there would be no way I would have believed you if you told me my future three years ago. We have come so far and now I can’t imagine my life without my blog, my lifestyle, my freedom. I’ve become addicted.
Which is good news for you, readers (I HAVE READERS, HOW COOL IS THAT?!). What started as a personal blog to update friends and family has blown up into the glorious baby it is now. We have nurtured it and for the first time, I’m so proud of a project that I’m working on. This is something I can get behind and we have poured blood, sweat, and tears into it.
Our past year has been incredible.
Here are a few of our favorite highlights.
- We broke 3000 fans on Facebook and are still quickly growing.
- It was paired with 6000 Twitter followers as well.
- My Instagram is about to go over 900 people (which blows my mind!).
- We won the Hostelbookers award for Most Epic Travel Photography Blog.
- Our Bossy the Llama picture went VIRAL.
- We were nominated for the 2013 Bloggies in Photography.
- We got our first press trip!
- We got to make it out to Iceland.
- I licked a glacier in Alaska.
- Our last blog birthday was spent with Leigh and Noah from CloudHead Art.
- Shaun got to skateboard all over Europe.
- We got to experience both our first AUTUMN and our first SNOW in Berlin – all in two different trips!
- Shaun got to put away a hot air balloon.
- We made it to the Colosseum in Rome!
- We got to see Shaun’s parents after many years in Delaware.
- Shaun rocked it at Snowcial in Tahoe.
We have grown so much and we couldn’t have done it without you guys. We have so much planned over the next few months.
This is what you have to look forward to over the next year:
- We will have visited all continents except for Antarctica.
- We are going to Australia for the Work/Holiday Visa!
- We are finally visiting Canada for the first time. (Heckle away.)
- We are heading back to Latin America.
- We’re going to the regional Burning Man, Flipside.
- We’re looking to host many more freebies and giveaways for you folks!
Thank you again for keeping up with us after all these years. We can’t wait to show you what we have in store for the future – just know that it is JUICY.
Here is to year FOUR and many more to come!
Happy blog birthday Over Yonderlust!