One of the first things I heard over the holiday season from an aunt I had not seen in years was, “Erica, you look so incredibly happy. You are so much more lively and peppy than the last time I saw you.” In all honesty, everything has changed this year since I started Over Yonderlust and became introduced to the warm and inviting travel community. And while I seriously contemplated doing the year in review, I cannot help but continue to look into the future. Thus, I bring you… GOALS AND ASPIRATIONS – Bring on 2011!
- Thanks to Todd Wassel and Amar Hussain, they have lit the fire of determination in my heart. I want to be able to meet the 1000-1000 challenge.
- Over Yonderlust will be turning 1 year old on March 15th-ish and I am so glad that I took the jump to start this blog when I did.
- We will be leaving for our trip in late March/early April starting our life changing, long term, travel plans in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Shaun and I will be taking Spanish classes in Guatemala to assist in becoming fluent during our travels.
- We will be getting PADI certified in Honduras when we take our SCUBA lessons.
- Shaun is determined on learning how to surf. I may attempt to and fail but at least I can say I tried (If you saw how uncoordinated I was you would find it silly).
- We want to make sure to stop by Machu Picchu.
- I want to lick a glacier in Patagonia (a girl has GOT to have her priorities!).
- I want to get another picture in Getty Images. This time travel related.
So while 2010 treated us well and led us up to this upcoming adventure, we are so looking forward to what this next year will offer. We have so many hopes and dreams, many of which will be realized during our time abroad. Our time is now. BRING IT 2011!