If you haven’t guess it by now – WE’RE GOING TO COSTA RICA and experiencing the Gift of Happiness!!!! PURA VIDA, BABY! (Like, next weekend.)
But this time we’re traveling a bit differently and we couldn’t be more excited about it. This time we’re making it a point to do a few things we hadn’t before.
Last time we went as long term travelers and:
- Lived in Playas del Coco
- Took a Coffee Tour in Monteverde
- Went to the Jaguar Rescue Center in Puerto Viejo
- Went off the Tourist Trail in Bataan
- Spent 3 Rainy Days in Montezuma
And I still felt like we had missed so much of the country. With so much to see and do, it can take a while to get intimately familiar with this gorgeous country. It was when we reached CR that we realized we were in the rainforests we had dreamed of as a child. Shaun and I fell in love with howler monkeys (and he still wants to take one home to start a death metal band), spent copious amounts of time on the beach sunbathing and fishing, and ate seafood until it came out of our ears. So needless to say we’re a little excited about heading back to the land that made me learn to chill the F out.
This time, we’re going as vacationers and are:
- Focusing on Sustainable Tourism.
- Staying at Eco-Friendly Hotels.
- Hoping to see sea turtles nesting.
- Making Shaun surf again (I can’t as my knee is out of commission.), this time in Tamarindo.
- Finally seeing the Arenal Volcano!
- Going to the Sky Adventure Park for ziplining, canopy touring, and gondola riding.
- Heading to Manuel Antonio Park.
We’re going to have quite a bit of time on our hands when out in Costa Rica so if you happen to be in any areas we are heading to, we would love to meet up and chat! 😀
I think I’m already going to die a little on the inside during the ziplining (and I’m sure Shaun will be very calm and not scared when we’re getting ready to make the jump). I’ve decided that, even though I love adventure travel, I’m a total chicken about everything. At least I have Shaun as a cheerleader (or, more specifically, someone to push me into doing thing I normally would never in a million years do unless pumped full of liquid courage).
So I’m jittery. And excited. It has been 6 months since we have left the country and I’m dying to get out!
While we’re there, is there anything you would like us to try to do and see?
Disclosure: We will be guests of the Costa Rican Tourism Board, but I assure you, all thoughts are our own.