As we sit here waiting for our friend to pick us up and take us to the airport, I can’t help but focus on that sickly feeling of bundled nerves in my stomach. The butterflies have turned into a mass of locusts and I can’t believe we’re about to head out on another big trip.
The different this time?
It is going to be mofo-ing COLD in Alaska, Iceland, and Europe.
I live in Austin for a reason. So you can imagine how freaking difficult it was to pack when Shaun and I don’t even have winter clothes.
So, in true Over Yonderlust fashion, like our previous packing list with llamas with lasers, I give you, BEARS WITH GOOGLY EYES.
- Trail Runners
- Skate Shoes (not pictured)
- Flip flops
- Travel Towel
- 5 pairs of boxers
- Llama scarf
- 1 pair long johns
- 1 thermal shirt
- 2 pairs jeans (1 not pictured)
- 4 shirts (1 not pictured)
- 2 pairs of shorts (he is CRAZY)
- wool socks
- 7 pairs normal socks
- 1 set of business attire of World Travel Market (which will be left at a friends house as soon as we get to London…)
Let’s just say that he is much more minimalistic than me… (and he is carrying a Deuter 65 +10 while I have a Deuter Fox 40).
- 2 bras
- 1 sports bra
- 1 strapless bra (people with boobs understand why you need so many when you carry a strapless dress)
- 1 strapless dress with leggings
- Thermal shirt
- long john pants
- stripey sweater thing
- Black sweater
- Athletic warm thingy (I’m trying to layering approach since I didn’t want to haul my peacoat everywhere backpacking)
- Llama gloves
- Hiking shoes
- Chucks (can’t go anywhere without them now!)
- Flip flops
- 7 pairs socks
- 10 pairs underwear
- Bathing suit
…and believe it or not it all fit into my backpack. Shaun is carrying all the toiletries though –
My glorious new photography backpack above contains some of the following:
- Nikon D300S
- 4 lenses
- Hard drive
- Go Pro
- Memory Cards
And Shaun’s new travel skateboard bag (review coming soon! – not pictured):
- Nintendo DS
- Plethora of Video Games
- First Aid Kit
- EURail passes
- Mifi for Europe
…and while we are cutting it REALLY close by finishing everything (including this post) 5 minutes before we leave… I think I feel prepared?
We’ll let you know if we forget anything and end up spending waaaay too much money replacing it on the road.
Wish us luck.
Also, keep an eye out on our Facebook page as I will be updating it with daily pictures from our journeys!